Saturday, May 2, 2009

7/07/92

    7/7/92

  Time: Mid-morning

    I lost my watch yesterday.
    I went on a very long walk, collecting strawberries, gooseberries, and stones to surround the new fire pit by the creek. I know I still had my watch when I got back, because I remember looking at it when I told Jasper I had not planned to be gone as long as I had been.
   I baked the berries into a cake, which we are taking with us today on our long walk to the post office in Condon. It's the first time we have gone there since getting the P.O. box. I have a whole pile of things to mail, a letter to Grandma N_____, a letter to my mother, a book order, and a request for 4 different catalogs.
    Nika is trying to stick a tent stake into a bouncing ball.
    Ula is pretending that Grandma is coming to visit, and Jasper is in the tent washing off and putting on clean clothes.
   My garden needs weeding again. I seem to be growing a lovely crop of pine trees. They sprout up daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment